As the industry leader in protective coating applications, PPG Coatings Services provides environmentally sound and cost-effective coating solutions to a wide variety of industries such as agriculture, appliance, automotive, computer, construction equipment, electrical components, furniture, industrial equipment, recreational, truck and bus, and alternative energy.
The Materials Manager is responsible for managing both hourly and salary associates and providing the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the materials management department for our 24/7 production facility. The manager must establish and maintain relationships with all customers and vendors to ensure their time-sensitive needs are being met. This role will also be responsible for the coordination of shipping product directly to our customers’ assembly plants.
- Plan and direct activities related to the management of materials such as production scheduling, shipping/receiving, inventory, and surplus materials in compliance with CSOS policies and procedures.
- Set department goals to achieve cost reductions and process capability expansions through management of department personnel and equipment.
- Manage and develop department associates to ensure they receive the proper knowledge and skills to achieve performance objectives.
- Implement and manage inventory, materials, production scheduling, delivery, and related reports in order to achieve plant goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and quality through active participation as a member of the facility leadership team.
- Lead and manage a staff of 30+ employees.
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, preferred
- 5 - 10 years of experience within Materials management or inventory control
- Previous experience within the Automotive industry is required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, time-critical, 24 hour environment
- Proven strong supervisory experience is required
- Must have a service-driven and customer-focused approach to all work
- Knowledge of SAP, EDI, or similar inventory systems is required
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com
and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: