PPG Coatings Services is the industry leader in protective coating applications, serving over 900 customers throughout the United States and around the world. Our 41 locations spanning seven countries consistently deliver high-quality, innovative and sustainable solutions that customers trust.
PPG Coatings Services’ Detroit facility is equipped with a high-volume monorail paint system engineered for painting light- and medium-duty truck axle assemblies, the Detroit plant features a robust 9-stage pretreatment system that applies zinc-rich phosphate to axle substrates prior to painting.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the 212,000 square-feet of manufacturing and warehouse space and 8 shipping and receiving.
Experience and Education
- Confers with management, engineering, quality control, customers and employees to coordinate activities and resolve problems. Confers with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within departments or between departments; confers with management to achieve budget goals.
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and maintenance operations to meet needs of facility.
- Hands-on maintenance duties are required and expected.
- Trains new employees and demonstrates equipment operations or work procedures to new employees or assigns employees to experienced workers for training; recommends corrective actions.
- Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions; interprets specification, blueprints, job orders, and company policy and procedures for employees.
- Monitors and patrols entire facility and enforces safety and environmental regulations.
- Monitor gauges, dials, tools, and other indicators to ensure operators conform to necessary standards.
- Ensures preventative maintenance is completed; maintains maintenance records and updates metric system on a timely basis.
- Requisitions materials, supplies, equipment parts, repair services; maintains accurate inventory and controls inventory flow. Utilizes electronic tracking system for all purchases to ensure budgetary compliance.
- Attends and participates in daily staff meetings.
- Minimum of Associates degree in related field
- 5-7 years of related experience preferred or 7-10 years' experience in lieu of degree required.
- Working knowledge of TS 16949 preferred
- Maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Automotive or Coatings experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of both PLC (A/B) and robotics (FANUC), preferred
- Basic low voltage (120, 240, 277, 480) electrical knowledge, preferred
- Willingness to work outside of typical work hours, accomodate on-call needs.