*8-14 hour days as needed
*6-7 days a week
*must be available on weekends as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Sets up tests following detailed instruction and procedures.
• Performs calculations of test results.
• Maintains detailed test documentation and data records.
• Participates in problem solving and process improvement to correct failures to meet customer commitments or plant metrics and performance
• Promotes and utilizes 5-S Standards for the line to improve efficiency, cleanliness, and safety
• Collects samples.
• Creates process reports.
• Aids in completion of monthly audits.
• Utilizes PMC equipment and analysis data to manage the system.
• Collects and titrates samples and adjusts as necessary.
• Properly utilizes all PPE.
• Oral/Written Communication - Listens and gets clarification. Ensures all written documentation is legible.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to walk and talk. The employee is required to be able to handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, climb, balance, twist, turn, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
• Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
• You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
• Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
• Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
• You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.