The Production Manager is responsible for managing both hourly and salary associates and providing the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation for the Portland facility. The manager must perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Plans and directs actions related to the management and continuous improvement of manufacturing departments, including production, quality, materials, and maintenance.
- Develops and maintains business plan objectives to ensure all cost, quality and delivery commitments are met in accordance with COS and customer standards.
- Sets and achieves department goals through continuous improvement and TQM efforts by determining and implementing material, machinery, personnel, and other optimum levels of input in order to increase process capabilities.
- Develops budget and cost controls supporting plant operating plans. Recommends product strategy and capital improvements to support product capability expansions.
- Manages and develops salary and hourly associates to ensure they receive the proper knowledge and skills to achieve performance objectives.
- Establishes, maintains and improves relationships with internal and external customers and vendors to ensure communication, production, cost containment, compliance and quality needs are being met.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement and quality through active participation as a member of the facility’s Leadership Team.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent.
- 5 to 10 years of experience within a manufacturing or production focused role.
- Previous supervisory experience with proven leadership ability.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite products.
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional and technical journals or procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedures; effectively present information to all levels of associates.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages and area.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com
and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: