PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com
and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
The Quality Inspector is responsible for assisting plant operations by performing the following duties:
Experience and Education
- Conduct visual inspection of parts for defects and/or damaged containers. May conduct final audit.
- Determine defect type and clearly mark location. Tally defects on reject counter by type.
- Count number of good parts.
- Enter data into computer system.
- Write tags for finished material or to indicate process status. May apply labels and/or print bar codes.
- Conduct various quality related tests on parts.
- Maintain related testing equipment/tools and/or reject log.
- May perform inventories.
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand 8+ hours a day.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: